Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Realtor

This pic here is inside the Hotel Colonial courtyard which I use as my office. They have free WIFI here, and its peaceful and beuatiful So all of these posts are written right here with this view of the fountain!!

I would be lying if I told you I was not really really looking forward to meeting the realtor in Alamos. I spend a lot of dreary Minnesota evenings surfing the web for dreamy warm weather real estate alternatives. Not like we are looking to move, but I just really love getting to know the values of those places where I pine to be in the dark cold tundra days of Minnesota winters.

Today was the big day. We had emailed Everardo, a friendly local Alamos attorney and realtor, back last fall when we knew we would be coming. We wanted to look at 5 or 6 different places for sale. Ranging from restored colonial homes in the center of town, to new and restored Hacienda type properties with a little more room and space on the edge, and even further outside of Alamos in country.
It was a beautiful day, we saw some very interesting and lovely places….fun to dream. We did a little market shopping and picked up a bunch of fresh veggies, peppers, etc for home made pico de gallo, and some fresh tortillas made each day by a local woman, and then a fresh slow roasted whole chicken….we are gonna feast tonight at home. We have been eating out, albeit just at a small cafĂ© for breakfast, and then trying the different street vendors’ fresh grilled tacos and salsa…man oh man…I can eat those until I simply blow up! I have been good, in that I limit myself to 3 tacos…I could easily eat 8 if I put my mind to it! Maybe one night, just for kicks, I will eat these babies until Lisa has to carry me home….that would be sweeeet!

Its day 3 in Alamos…and like the forecast had said…80 degrees, sunny, not a cloud in the sky…every day. Beautiful cool mornings around 48-50….perfect. Here are a few shots of the place we liked the best today…Casa La Esmeralda Viaje (Old Esmerelda). Some of you may remember the old colonial ruin that we fell in love with when we were here last time….well, its no longer a ruin, it’s a storybook Restored Mexican Hacienda….and it just came available on the market….again.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Tim, it's Cathye. Sounds beautifully relaxing. I think I'd get tired of tacos, but I know you won't. How did you find the place you are staying, and are you in the same place your whole vacation?