Wednesday, March 5, 2008

China Jet Lag

I just got back from my 8 day China trip and am sooo looking forward to Mexico! It was 75 and sunny in Hong Kong, and 14 and snowing here on the farm. Makes me scratch my head.

I am learning a tremendous amount in interacting with the Chinese, and trying to manage the overseas manufacture of the Vibramat. ( see www.vibramat.net tell everyone you know...its a pretty cool product) The cultural and language differences are really rearing their ugly head in trying to make progress. The western project management processes, and the communication expectations are simply a very foreign concept to the Chinese...oh well. Its always good to learn.

I won't bore you with a China trip recap...save for the highlights: We golfed at Mission Hills Golf Club (www.missionhillsgroup.com ) The worlds largest golf club, 216 holes or 12 courses. The World Cup of Golf was recently played there...Shenzen China. Cool. Ate fried jelly fish, fried pig stomach, and the best was a soup made from an ancient Chinese herb: the worm grass. In the bottom of the bowl was literally what looked like a green caterpillar. It was actually a grass. The caterpillar eats this grass seed, the seed spouts in the stomach of the worm and the worm gives up its life and becomes one with the grass...it looks like, and in fact is 100% grass...but looks like a caterpillar. Scary..but supposed to be a holistic ancient herb for total life wellness. So I have that going for me.

So...I have 3 days to get over jet lag, pack bags and get ready for 5 weeks south of the border. Can't wait. Hopefully next post will be from Alamos Mexico, with a review of the bus ride from Phoenix to Alamos.

Send along any questions...and I will do my best to answer them! Thanks for reading

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know that my tummy would have allowed me to try any of those things...... hmmm... maybe someday they will be placed on a plate in front of me and I'll have my answer.

Anonymous said...

Dad says he wants to try the pig stomach....

Tim Shea said...

I would just wait to eat when I got home !